Monday 3 October 2011

Any Way You Slice It...

Today, I butchered a cow.

For the realz. There was a dead cow and I cut it up. I came across my first fresh bones, and to my surprise, they are a perfect, shiny white. I always thought they looked like they did in my steak...marinade brown and marrow-holed. I took a kneecap home. I'm going to carve it into something. 
     I loved seeing where the muscles and tendons came together. I played with the joints, checked out the tendons and ligaments came out. Saw the layers of fat and muscle, fat and muscle. I saw the kidneys. Beautiful, perfect cow-kidneys. Mine don't work...they're all covered with cysts and I can't get them to go away. I can't get the ugly out of me. Ugly, ugly cysts on ugly, ugly kidneys. I am jealous of the cow. 

     The body--animal or human--is an amazing thing. Absolutely stunning. And (animal) bodies taste GREAT. 

     Anyway, I need to go clean the dead cow out from under my nails and get some sleep. I just wanted to write down my thoughts on chopping the shit out of a cow. 

Hang on,
Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment