Thursday 20 October 2011

She's still around.

Seven months today.

Well, folks, it's been a hell of a ride. Seven months ago today, I didn't think I'd be where I am. I didn't think I'd be anywhere other than a wooden box, to tell you the truth. Fucking look at me now. 
     I'd have missed out on a hell of a lot if things had gone according to plan.  In the past seven months alone, I have gotten promoted, discovered the sound of my own voice, and fallen more deeply in love than I could have ever imagined (hey, you knew this was coming...I am a girl, after all). I started a blog and actually kept up with it, I saw my natural hair color for the first time in 9 years, made lots of new friends, beat a few demons, drank too much, stayed up too late a thousand times, smoked way too many cigarettes, made some kick-ass muffins, said 'fuck' in front of my mother (it's the little things...), hit a very high F, fixed my car, built shelves, painted walls, wrote music, adopted a kitten, put down my first dog, butchered a cow, threw up in a fire station parking lot, learned how to kiss properly, sang in Italian, and finally told my story. 

     Life is what you make it. Mine's still a little convoluted, a little reckless, and a little short. It's definitely worth the ride, though. 

     
Hang on, 
Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment